Monday, April 16, 2012

Beautiful Textures Review: Tangle Taming Leave- In

I know, I know, it's been a long time since I posted here but I've been hella busy. However there was no way I could come without bearing gifts, in the form of a review that is. This review is for my new favorite leave- in conditioner, Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-In. I have tried different leave-in conditioners and moisturizers during my natural journey. I liked all of them, some more than others. I thought the Kimmaytube leave- in made with my Kinky Curly Knot Today was the be all end all but this is my new favorite.

This is a really thick, moisturizing leave-in that's good for detangling. It has a clean feel and a great consistency. The ingredient list is good also.
The ingredients listed in order include: Water,Olive Oil,Argon Oil,Soybean Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Butter,Rosemary Extract, Aloe Vera, Dimethicone, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Polyquaternium 37,Propylene Glycol,Dicaprylate/dicaprate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Cetearyl alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phenyl Trimethicone, Yellow, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate,Coumarin, d-Limonene,Hexyl Cinnamal,Lyral,Methyl Ionone Gamma.

All of the oils such as argon, olive, and the butters such as Shea,and mango are listed as the primary ingredients following only water. I haven't found a product containing Argon oil in which it was the third listed ingredient. In products that I have found containing argon oil it was much further down the ingredient list while it was highly boasted on the product label and in advertising. I used this product in conjunction with the moisture butter, followed by sealing with shealoe mix, and using a styler and twisting. My twist out is very defined, moisturized, soft and silky. It has a nice shine, which is much for me, and lots of body. I would definitely recommend this leave-in, and it has a good price point, under $7. In fact the Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-In costs only $5.99 at my local beauty supply store and it is about the same at Sally's. So if you are looking for a good leave-in and you are over paying premium prices this is highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment