Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme

I recently received free samples from the Miss Jessie's product line, which included a sample of the Baby Butter Creme. It was a small packet .42oz. and I emptied it into a small 2oz. container.
I first used the Baby Butter Creme over a twist that was located in front of my head, in order to see how the product reacted over other products. It went on smooth, and showed no residue, flakes, or chunks. It left my hair with a shiny finish and soft feel. It wasn't greasy feeling even though it contained a high concentration of mineral oil.
My second use of this product was on a hot, sunny, and humid South Florida day. I used it by smoothing it onto my twists before taking them loose for a twist out. Even after venturing out into the heat and sun, my hair felt moisturized and soft. I would usually have dry, crispy hair by the time I'm out for a few minutes. The key to using this product is applying just the right amount. With water as the first ingredient, and petrolatum as the second, it has hydrating and sealing properties.
The ingredients read as follows: Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Crembe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Panthenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Keratin, PEG-8 Dilaurate, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caramel, Yellow 5.
Now the price point isn't anywhere near
what I consider affordable or in my budget. What I have concluded to be the ingredient that has given me the desired results is the mineral oil. A cheap ingredient which I have purchased for $3.00, for a 16oz. bottle. I know I can't formulate a product that is an exact duplicate of Baby Butter Creme, but I can improvise my current products to mimic its results. I will consider purchasing from a swap board or during the Miss Jessie's BOGO sale. I like this as a splurge product.

No comments:

Post a Comment