Saturday, August 6, 2011

AFTER RITUXIN

It's beeen a while since I worked on my blog. Last Friday, July 29 I went in to have my infusion treatment for my Devics. If I haven't already said this the most effective treatment is Rituxin which is a form of chemotherapy. The infusion itself lasts about 6 1/2 to seven hours. First of all the day started off great because the nurse Mrs.Sheryl, a sweet Jamaican lady, inserted the IV with one try. For me that is highly unusual, it usually takes about 3-4 tries. I hadn't slept all that Thursday night prior to the treatment. They gave me an infusion of Benadryl also to combat/pevent an allergic reaction. I must say that it put me out cold. I was actually dozing off with my mouth open.....LOL. Second, I felt good after the infusion no nausea, or any other side affects. The only thing was that during the infusion itself I got the chills and the nurse gave me solumedrol, within an hour they had subsided. Third, and a very good thing I must add when I came home and napped, and when I woke up Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I had a tremendous decrease in stiffnes, and an increase in my balance and gait control when walking and standing. Overall the treatment was uneventfull. I did experience some tiredness but nothing alarming. I return on the 12th of August for the second infusion afterwards I don't return for 6 months. So right now I am very thankful to God for allowing me acces to his resources to aid my healing. Medicins is truly a gift from God.I plan to update my Blog more often, this info may just help someone,

No comments:

Post a Comment