Saturday, February 5, 2011

HAIR HEALTH

Since I've been diagnosed with Devics (MS), I started doing lots of different things. My first endeaver was going natural. I didn't realize I was going natural. I had death in the family in October of 2009, and just didn't take time to go and get it permed. I had been natural before in 1998 and it lasted about 8 months, at that time I started with a big chop. A boy type cut that was very short. This time I transitioned.



MY TRANSITION
In October of 2009, my last relaxer was two months old and I wore a sew in weave. This was easy and convenient for me. I wore it for about 5 weeks. When I removed it I washed and re intalled it wearing this throughout December. Then I got really ill with the devics and went into the hospital. I ended up wearing that weave until February, not by choice of course. While in rehab I wore my own hair which was super thick with newgrowth. I had braids done in the latter parts of my rehab. Once I came home I unbraided my hair to have it rebraided and my newgrowth was about 3-4inches long. I wore it for about a week and had all my permed hair cut off. I was totally natural and have been since.



FROM ME TO YOU
In this blog I will shaare with you experiences about my hair, as it is closely related to my health. That was my main concen when I found out that the treatment I had to receive for Devics was chemotherapy. Last time I got treatment I had a weave but this time I can monitor the condition of my hair, and share it with my readers because both are important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment