Tuesday, August 5, 2014

D.I.Y. Avocado Deep Conditioner

I had a coworker that had an avocado tree in his yard. This tree produced some of the prettiest, large avocados and he'd bring me one at least once a week. Now, I am not a big fan of avocados. I do eat them, from time to time but not fast enough to keep them from going bad. So, being the natural hair lover that I am, I came up with a recipe to use my avocados in my beauty routine. The following is a recipe for my Avocado Deep Conditioning Mix.

1/2 Large Avocado (1 small)
1/2 Plantain (over ripe) **optional
2-3 Tbsp. Coconut milk
1Tbsp. Raw Honey or Agave nectar
1 Tbsp. Aloe Vera gel
2 tsp. Black Gold hair oil (www.SweetLoveNaturals.net)or oil of your choice.

This mix is so conditioning and moisturizing. It leaves my hair soft, strong, and silky. None of the ingredients give me the hard, stiff feel that I get after a protein treatment, but I get the effect in the feeling of my strands. They are left in great condition. This is not a thick mixture. I put mine in the blender to ensure that there are no chunks that can get caught in my hair. I then strain it through a strainer into a bowl or jar with a lid.

I apply this after I wash my hair. I then put on a plastic conditioning/shower cap and my Hot Head conditioning bonnet. This can be used as a deep conditioner whenever it is needed. You can also boost the mixture by adding a tablespoon of your favorite deep conditioner. Keep in mind all hair is different and what works for me may not work for you. The good thing is being able to tweek this recipe so that it meets your needs. Now that you have your marching orders, happy mixing!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment