Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review: Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner is a rich, thick, Shea butter based conditioner that I've enjoyed using for the past few months. It's one of the company's first products, and I've seen more than a few curlies rave about it. In this post I'll share with you the important details of this product and my experience with it. Let's get to it!!

This product is a thick, white, Shea butter based leave in conditioner. It has a very pleasant fruity scent reminiscent of juicy fruit gum. It also provides a good amount of slip for detangling as a result of the centromonium chloride. It is moisturizing, without leaving a greasy residue.

Ingredients: Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Centromonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E.

Cost & Availability: The product is packaged in an 8 oz. flip top bottle. It can be purchased online, and the easiest way I've located it has been via Google search. It's price ranges from $8.00-$11.00 depending on the retailer.

Product Promise & Claims / Practicality of Use: Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner penetrates deep into hair and scalp to moisturize, repair and protect... transforming dull, lifeless hair into healthy, soft, shiny and manageable hair with extra body.

Directions: For best results, use after Shea Moisture Shea Butter Shampoo or as a daily moisturizer to instantly replenish lost moisture and strengthen hair. Apply from roots to ends and style.

I applied the leave in to my wet, T-shirt blotted hair after washing/cowashing. My hair was sectioned and clipped into place using butterfly clamps. A nickel sized amount of product was applied to each section from root to tip, and distributed throughout using my fingers. I then used a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair.

Effectiveness & Results: This product was so effective at moisturizing, softening, and detangling my hair that it is a staple/ Holy Grail product. It is just the right texture and thickness and provides excellent slip/lubrication for detangling. My hair was always soft, moisturized, and conditioned. I was able to reduce my single strand knots. I also mid week detangled by just adding water. It worked with all the other products I used in my regimen.

I will definitely be repurchasing and stocking up on this leave in. I wish I could go into a retail location and buy it off the shelf. I'd recommend it to anyone with hair that needs moisture, desires a heavier/thicker leave in, and/or with many textures and curl patterns.

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I've been wanting to try this leave in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete