Friday, November 11, 2011

GETTING OVER IT- MY BREAK-UP WITH SHEA MOISTURE

So if you keep up with the blog you've read my review of the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask, and can fully understand that it broke my hesart because I wanted so much to love it. It took a lot of nerve calming, planning, and waiting until wash day to fit the next Shea Moisture product into my regimen- Coconut and Hibiscus Curling Souffle. I courted this product for a whole week before wash day. Putting a little here, a little there, some on my twist, the edges, the ends of my hair.

So after I washed and completed my condition routine, I put a quarter sized amount of the souffle onto my hands and applied it to the right side of my head. I then repeated this on the left side of my head. I could see that the curl pattern of my hair was more defined. I liked the way it looked, however I didn't like the way it felt. The initial feel of it way oily, and slick. Having read the ingredient list,I know that the product contains oils, but it felt different in a gel. It didn't however take long for me to get over the feel, and appreciate the oil. Because I am not the wearer of wash and gos, gel isn't my area of expertise but if I used gel often to style I would use this one.

After the application of the souffle, I applied a leave-in conditioner (Cream of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary)for dehydrated hair, which I will review later, and twisted and sealed with whipped shea butter(nothing added). My twists dried fast, and didn't feel abnormally oily, or greasy. The shea butter didn't leave them with a shine or sheen but it did seal them properly.

Overall I can see this product being a part of my regimen from time to time and even on a regular basis depending on the styles that I wear. I am looking forward to using this product alone on hair and seeing the results. I am also looking forward to comparing it to regular home made flax gel, and my loved EcoStyler Gel with Olive Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment