Monday, November 7, 2011

SHEA MOISTURE DEEP TREATMENT MASK- REVIEW

So Walgreens was having a sale on Shea Moisture products, a BOGO 50%off sale. As you can imagine with any product junkie, I couldn't resist the urge to indulge considering I've been waiting for a sale like this for months, since I missed the BOGO free sale. Everywhere I look I see people talking about the sale on Shea Moisture, and what they purchased. So here is what I purchased- Organic Shea Butter Deep Treatment Mask, and The Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk. I was in hurry to get home and try these new goodies.

First for the Deep Treatment Mask- It is of a very creamy consistency, and boasts some good ingredients to include argan oil,neem oil,coconut oil, shea butter,horsetail extract. The scent is a very strong perfumed, gardenis , monoi type scent. I wanted so much to love this product. It appeared to be very promising, until I got it on my hair and it just sat there. It did nothing to soften or contribute to the detangling of my hair. My hair instantly felt hard and dry,despite being wet and full of product. The product on my hair was as if I'd mixed Elmer's school paste, and flour to make paper mache. I ended up washing it out and having to use another product to deep condition and detangle my hair.
So then I moved on to the part that recomended the product be used as a styler, or leave in. I applied my regular moisturizer and a little of this on top to do twists. The hair was super soft and super fluffy,but it looked like a cottony unkept afro that hadn't been combed in years even though I'd just untwisted it, so this product really did nothing for me. I hsve since passed it on to a family member who is a new natural.

Now for the Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk- This product is a thick creamy lotion, that is not greasy or watered down. It has a very pleasant scent that takes on the characteristics of the coconut,hibiscus, and honeysuckle. It boasts a good list of ingredients to include, shea butter, coconut oil,neem oil, sugar starch, silk protein, carrot seed oil, honeysuckle, and horsetail to name a few. Now it is important that I note this product doesn't create curl, it helps to hold and accent the existing curl pattern. So whatever curl pattern you have this is to hold it.


The product claims to detangle, which did not exist in my case. It would be hard for me to see this as a detangler because it has no slip to it. It did nothing to even make my hair feel conditioned, which it also claimed to do. The oils in it are really light and not coating as to seal in moisture.

I will use this product up, but I don't thing that I will buy either of them again. Neither did anything to impress me on the quest to find products on the ground that I could use on my hair. I have the Hold and Shine Moisture Mist, and the Curling Souffle, I plan to fully experiment with these two products and give an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment