Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Product Review- Blue Magic Argan Oil Leave-In with Vitamin E

It is that time again,product review time. The product I'm reviewing tonight is the Blue Magic Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner with Vitamin E. I weent out to my local BSS(Beauty supply store) and I purchased the product for $2.99. It comes in a pretty large size jar of 13.75oz. Argan oil is the eighth ingredient, and Vitamin E in the form of tocopheryl acetate is the ninth. the top ingredients include Water, Mineral oil, petrolatum,stearyl alcohol, glycerine, dimethicone, and behentrimonium methosulfate. the directions stat to shampoo, towel dry, and apply to hair and scalp, and style as desired.

Now first of all I do not use products that contain mineral oil, or petroleum on my scalp. I used this product to re-twist my two strand twists. I did not wash my hair before applying it. I simply wet my hair with my aloe vera juice in my sprayer, and proceeded to twist my hair. This product has a thick lotion consistency and is not very heavy. It is oily due to the mineral oil and petrolatum no doubt. I think it has a nice pleasant smell, a mellow vanilla like scent, that is not overpowering.

When I took my twist out , they were very defined, and soft. I can't say they were moist, but they were not brittle either. They had a nice sheen, and didn't feel waxy. I could tell that the product had mineral oil in it because of how it felt on my hair, but it wasn't a heavy waxy feel. Overall I think that if you just want something cheap, especially for a wash and go or to layer with another product that can impart more moisture this is good. I'm not a big fan of it but it is something that I would keep on hand as a fall back moisturizer. It has an awesome price point so it isn't so bad, I mean you get what you pay for. If your not focused on using 100% natural products this just may be a good fit for you. I would also use this when I wear my puff, which is usually close to my wash day.

I fully plan to use this product after a wash on my naked hair to see how it behaves as the sole product, and give some additional feed back. But in my opinion right now it isn't as good as plain old grease. I found nothing fancy about it that would make it a go to product for me.

1 comment: