Monday, November 7, 2011

ITS JUST GREASE!!!

So here is my opinion on this whole thing about using hair grease. I was reading a blog post by Curly Nikki and how she used hair grease to seal her hair for a twist out. Mind you this is something that was posted by a YT vlogger JCokes, and everyone is screaming that
CN stole her idea, and recreated it into her blog post. In actuality I have seen numerous YT vlogs, blogs, and videos on using good old fashion hair grese and they are older than JCokes' video. So does this mean that she also stole the idea from someone? No, this means that each of these YT postings and blogs are sharing info, opinions, and instructions on their experiences with this method. The people making all of these outrageous accustions are taking it too damn far.

Now, that brings me to this. Who the hell sat down and wrote the natural hair rule book? I thought being natural, as a part of how God made you, being an original, not conforming to an idea of what someone else considers beautiful in straightened hair, gave you a freedom. So now some judgemental chic is telling me that if I use grease or choose not to spend $20 on a bottle of water and shea butter mixed my natural is not good enough. I certainly did not go natural to be bound by some rule book that doesn't exist. The only rule should be to do what's right for you and your hair. Do what keeps you rocking a banging, healthy, natural head of hair. Share all that info, and all of those experiences because there are people that love to hear about new things on a daily basis and we look forward to the sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment