Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Castor Oil Challenge- September 2012


I am so glad that September has finally arrived because this month kicks off our Castor oil challenge. I decided to start the challenge because I have a problem area on the right side of my head, located just above the ear, about half inch wide and two inches long. The hair is very fine, and looks as if I'm going bald.  I can hide this spot with hair but I am aware that its there and I want to test the effectiveness of the Haitian Black Castor Oil I obtained from a local market. Beginning September 1, 2012 and ending November 6, 2012 I'm starting a 60 day Castor oil challenge. The guidelines f the challenge are as follows:

1. Post pictures and/or measurement of your current length, thickness, and or area to be treated.
2. Use Castor oil at least three times weekly on scalp(entirely or focused area).
3. Disclose other ways you use Castor oil in your regimen i.e. sealant,butter mixes, spritz, DC, hot oil treatments, added to finished products.
4. All Castor oil mixes must be a minimum of 50%(half) Castor oil. No added Biotin, MSM, Cayenne pepper, Paprika. Cannot be a grease claiming to contain Castor oil.
5. Disclose type of Castor oil used, i.e. Regular(medical/refined/cosmetic), Jamaican/ Haitian Black Castor Oil, a blend of different Castor oils.
6. Post picture/ length check weekly, state number of times Castor oil was applied that week, and how applied.
7. Post any negative effects, or changes such as a different Castor oil, different regimen, etc. anything that can effect hair grow.

I am using Haitian Black Castor Oil. I will be applying it daily to my problem area pictured below. I will also be applying a mix of Olde Jamaica Castor Oil blend and Haitian Castor oil with Lavender essential oil to my entire scalp three times a week, along with a daily scalp massage. I have regular Castor oil in my Butter mix that I use for sealing, and my moisture/ re wetting spritz.



Right Side


Right Side


Castor Oils- Olde Jamaica(yellow)
Haitian Black Castor Oil

 
 
 
NOTE: Black Castor Oil has a very distinct smell. No one describes it the same. It has a smoky aroma, similar to wood chips, or a fire log.  

 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your articles support me a lot in all mediums of subjects. castor oil walmart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m inspired with the surpassing and preachy listing that you furnish in such little timing. tea tree oil warts

    ReplyDelete