Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wash and Go fail

This post is about just what the title states. I have been natural for nearly two and a half years and I've only tried a wash and go twice prior to yesterday. When I had shorter hair, my regimen consisted of washing, conditioning, moisturizing, detangling, and twisting. Now that I have length, the only way my hair dries and its not like a giant cotton ball, with a web of tangles is if I twist, flat twist, coil or braid it. I cannot leave my hair to its own devices or it will knot onto itself causing me pain(literally), and loss strands.

I don't know why I felt as though Wednesday would be different. I wanted to refresh my hair and add moisture so I co washed and left a little V05 Shea Cashmere conditioner in my hair.  I then added oils( castor,African Pride Olive Miracle), and Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream. It looked nice and moisturizer. I didn't have much definition, but it looked fine. Then I allowed it to dry. I ended up with a dry frizzy mess, sitting and thinking what did I do wrong?
I don't plan to try the wash and go again anytime soon however, next time I plan to complete every step in my regimen, and add a curling cream, or styler, and shingle using my Denman brush. I get nice curl definition using this method when I prepare my hair for twists. But I'll skip the twist step and let it dry lose.  I am going to give it at least three tries before I rule out wearing wash and go styles. I love my curl pattern, but I can't take the tangled web it weaves when allowed to dry lose. Any advice readers? Chime in please, and save me some pain and strands.

No comments:

Post a Comment