Wednesday, December 7, 2011

COASTAL SCENTS

Today I sold my first body butter order and my customer was very satisfied. I can truly say that it was made with the highest quality shea butter and oils. I had the priviledge to order some shea butter from Coastal Scents and it is amazing. I have ordered shea butter from another company, purchased shea butter in my locsl BSS, and I've been given real shea butter from Africa. All of which were different. The butter from my local BSS was a pale/cream yellow color. It was very stiff and firm, and had a nutty smell. It was not too greasy but it had a noticably high oil content.

The shea butter that was given to me was my third batch of shea butter. It was a creamy/ivory color, had little scent, and a little grit. It went on smooth and clean, with a silky velvet feel. I was very confused, I was not used to shea butter of that texture.

My third batch of shea butter was purchased through Amazon.com from a dealer. It also had a cream/ivory color, a heavy smokey scent, and a very smooth consistency. It was in no way oily, or greasy, and left my skin feeling very soft,satin like.

Now my third shea butter is the butter that I recently ordered form
Coastal Scents, and I am pissed off. I think they really should warn you and say that the butter has such a high quality you should buy five pounds. Did you all think I was mad? Far from it. Had I known this butter was this good I would have ordered 5 pounds during the Black Friday sale. It is smooth, has a creamy beige color, and creamy feel, little smoky aroma, and it is soft. The butter emulsifies in hands when rubbed between fingers or palms. It has a good oil content but is non greasy, non shining, and it feels so very good on my skin. This shea butter is the closest I've experienced to going to Africa. I am additionally pleased with the fact that it is fair trade and still inexpensive, and high in quality. I will definitely continue to buy my butter from Coastal Scents. I now feel that I've been ripped off by other suppliers. So if your in the market to buy shea butter this is a really good quality supplier.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this information on Shea Butters from Coastal Scents. I will be using Shea for the first time, though I've used other African products like African Black soap. I watched some Youtube videos about the differences in Shea butters. There's the bright yellow color, the milk white color, and the beige or off-white color. Might be more colors out there, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete