Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kera Care Natural Textures- Follow Up Review

After using the first three steps in the Kera Care Natural Textures line and being less than satisfied. I visited the follow up or maintenance steps of the line which are:

Step 2: Hair Milk Daily Hair Sustainer(D)pH 5.0- Rejuvenate dry, frizzy, lifeless curls, coils and twists with this carefully selected balance of natural ingredients that protects the elasticity, strength, and health of natural hair.

Step 3: Butter Cream Everyday Moisturizer(D)pH 5.5- A moisture locking souffle that not only hydrates curls and coils, but also employs Lanolin plus Argan, Abyssinian, and Castor natural oils to achieve proper natural oil and water balance.

I attempted to use the Hair Milk to refresh and twist my hair. This is a true milk like product. I is not thick like a moisturizing lotion, but much thinner like milk. It also isn't very oily, or very wet in my opinion. I was only able to refresh one section of hair with this milk because I simply could not tolerate the smell. It isn't a stinch, or an over powering artifical perfume scent. No, its worse. It totally reminds me of the smell of Mint flavored Milk of Magnesia. I smelled one good noseful of this stuff and I was instanly nauseous. The kind of nausea I haven't experienced since being pregnant.


I then moved on to the Butter Cream. It is also for use on dry hair so I tried to use this to refresh my twists. However the Butter Cream is more like a creamy lotion and is not heavy, or moisturizing enough for my hair.
I resolved to emptying the packet into a small 2oz. jar and using it on my finger tips when I untwist. I emptied the Hair Milk into an applicator bottle and made the Kimmaytube leave in, being sure to add a few drops of scented oil. I am unsure how this recipe will work because I haven't tried it with this Hair Milk.
At any rate I will be sure to observe and report my results, when I use the mixture. I still have the Defining Custard for Curls and Coils to use and review before I complete my review of this line. So far I like two of the products in this line enough to use again but not enough to buy at and above average price, and I am sure there are others that can give similar if not better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment