Monday, January 23, 2012

Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

I have had this product for a while, since October but I just used it to do a twist out. If you are familiar with the Shea Moisture line then you know that they are shea butter based products with lots of other quality ingredients. I would love to list them all but I don't have the original container. At any rate I made up my mind to try the product hoping it would work for me as a product I can get on the ground. The product is a heavier product, although it is not greasy,or oily. It is the consistency of a thick cream or a cake icing. It is not tacky or sticky either, and has a very pleasant fruity scent.

I started with my usual regimen, wash with my homemade black soap all over wash. I then deep conditioned my hair with Komaza Care Olive Moisture Mask for about 45 minutes. When I rinsed I applied my Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in mix and proceeded to detangle and section my hair in preparation for my twists.


After sectioning the hair into quadrants, I pinched smaller sections to twist and proceeded to twist my hair in my ususal fashion applying a finger tip amount to each section. I am not heavy handed with the use of products, and I must say a little of this goes a long way. My hair felt really smooth and moisturised once my twists were finished. This product gave some definition and smooth shiny twists. It did'nt enhance the curl pattern, or control frizz. My twist out was uber soft though, like baby hair. This would be a staple product if it had some hold to it. I do not wear wash and go styles but I think this product is ideal for a soft wash and go. It may also help to layer it with a product that provides hold. I may try this technique next time. I would buy this product to keep on hand as a stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment