Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dealing With Devics Today

Today is one of those days that I have had a rough patch in dealing with my illness. I was due to go and have my infusion on Friday, January 27, 2012. However, I had an insurance issue and it has been moved to this Thursday the 2nd of February. Now if any of you follow the blog, I have explained that I get my infusions every six months, and that the treatment is benifical to me. I haven't been hospitalized in nearly two years, a long time for me.

I recently had an opportunity to enjoy a night out at the fair with the family. It is a once a year event and I am really happy I had a chance to enjoy it. We went on Thursday, and it wasn't very crowded, the kids got a chance to ride and the lines weren't long. I did a lot of walking too. How you ask? I pushed my wheelchair. Yep, I walked along pushing an empty chair as if someone was in it. When it was time to wait I parked it and took a seat to rest. We covered most of the rides and I was just glad to get around the fair with some independence. Now, today I think I am suffering from some exhaustion. I did a lot on Thursday, and I have been in bed since. It is really hard getting people to understand the fatigue and pain factor of dealing with Devics, but I promise to take it one day at a time and enjoy every good day I have. I would really like to be in contact with others with Devics, and I love to share information about the illness. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to leave them below and I will respond promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment