Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Product Budget

Last year was my first full year as a natural, and I tried some different things on my hair. I did not go overboard because I don't have that kind of money. I am disabled and I have to purchase things that fit within my budget which is about $50.00 per month. I have pretty much found my staple products which surprisingly are mostly home made. The only things I buy are ingredients and conditioners, like my deep conditioners. I just recently started to try and find a staple styling/twisting product, to use as my staple. Any PJ will tell you that spending will get out of hand if you don't manage your budget. As much as I would love to try everything I see on YouTube and the blogs I can't, and I am challenging myself to spending only $25.00 monthly on hair products. This is not my ingredient budget for buying raw ingredients but for buying made products from a store or a web site. With a budget of $25.00 I can buy products to try and it is sufficient. I can also have enough to replace my regular staple products. My budget is designed to carry any leftover money over to the next month and redistribute it, however I can't spend in advance. For example, if I only spend $15.00 this month, the remainder carries over to February and my budget becomes $35.00, but I can't spend $35.00 this month and take $10.00 away from February.


This month I have spent a total of $18.00 on products as follows: $3.49 on 32oz. of Proclaim Cholesterol Conditioner, $12.00 on 6 packs of perm rods(rollers), and $1.99 on African Pride Olive Miracle Growth Oil. I don't need anything else and I am also trying to work on the things I have in my stash. I hope this will make a big difference in my budget and me becoming a minimalist. Are you practicing any new spending habits for this year? Do you have a hair budget, and do you stick to it if so? If you have a budget what do you hope to accomplish? Feel free to leave a comment or feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment